These stories are passionate, dramatic and intense—a window into the world of the American elite, where the yearning of powerful men and dynamic women heightens as the drama unfolds!
Harlequin Desire Key Elements:
• A strong, yet vulnerable, hero who is wealthy, ambitious, hardworking and sexy as sin. The Desire alpha hero always has a heart of gold, no matter how flawed he may seem.
• A Desire heroine is independent and smart. She has her own goals and dreams, which may not include looking for Mr. Right. Falling in love might complicate everything.
• The Desire couple lives in a world of family, friends and colleagues. Secondary characters never steal the spotlight from the couple, but are integral to the plot, the conflict and the hero’s and heroine’s romance.
• High-stakes conflicts, situations and set-ups bring a unique quality to every Desire novel.
• Whether sleekly urban, high-end rustic or somewhere in between, these stories are believable fantasies set in North America and they always convey the luxurious details that let readers feel like they are there.
• The chemistry pops! High sexual and emotional tension pushes the reader through the twists and turns of the story. The anticipation sizzles, and the sex is hot but not graphic.
• The tone should be dramatic, sizzling and affluent with a touch of down-to-earth familiarity.
• No paranormal, romantic suspense or historical elements, and no sheikhs or royalty at this time.
Featured in Harlequin Desire: Harlequin Desire novels are dramatic from start to finish. Fast-paced, with just enough detail to sweep the reader into a believable fantasy of wealth, power and high stakes conflict. Classic romantic themes are the backdrop for the sensual tension that pushes the reader through the story. The world of the hero and heroine feels relatable and real as they navigate the interference of family, friends and colleagues—sometimes well-meaning and sometimes not! Loyalties, motives, ambitions—desires!—affect the hero’s and heroine’s emotions and how their romance develops.
Harlequin Desire is…
• A window into the world of the American elite • High-stakes conflicts and situations that make every book unique
• Intensely sensual—from the romantic conflict to the luxurious details
• A cast of sympathetic, relatable characters who bring this world to life
We’re actively seeking books from authors of underrepresented backgrounds – if you feel that’s you, and you’re ready to create a sensual world of luxury, passion and drama, we’d love to hear from you!
Find out more about Harlequin Desire before you submit by:
• Interacting with authors, editors and readers on the Desire Authors Facebook Page
• Following the Desire editors on Twitter: @stacy_boyd and @charlieGrim
• Read what we’re publishing. Here are some recently published recommendations:
- THE BILLIONAIRE’S BARGAIN by USA TODAY bestselling author Naima Simone
- NEED ME, COWBOY by New York Times bestselling author Maisey Yates
- ONE NIGHT SCANDAL by USA TODAY bestselling author Joanne Rock
- ENGAGING THE ENEMY by Reese Ryan
Our editorial office is located in New York, NY:
• Senior Editor: Stacy Boyd
• Editor: Charles Griemsman
• Editorial Assistant: Errin Toma