These stories are all about passion and escape—glamorous international settings, captivating women and the seductive, tempting men who want them.
Harlequin Presents Key Elements
- A hero who will command and seduce. There's nothing in the world his powerful authority and money can't buy… except the love of a woman strong enough to tame him!
- A Harlequin Presents heroine isn't afraid to stand up to the hero in her own way, whether she's at home in his opulent world or not. She can be shy and innocent, feisty and daring or anywhere in between.
- These stories are pure romantic fantasy with glitzy, glamorous, international settings to upstage even the swankiest of red-carpet premieres!
- High sensuality and sky-rocketing sexual tension to quicken your pulse
- Captivating internal emotional conflicts that will sustain the story over 50,000 words.
- Tone should be contemporary but with a strong intensity, delivering an instant hit of powerful emotion
- Give classic themes a fresh 21st century twist - tease, surprise and delight.
Featured in Presents
Harlequin Presents has classic themes, but we're looking for innovative takes. What would you say if a billionaire demanded you agree to a marriage of convenience? Does a secret baby have to mean a shot-gun wedding? Our heroes are 100% alpha but that doesn't mean they're perfect. Sheikh, Greek, Italian, English, Spanish…wherever he's from, it's certain that he turns the heads of every woman he passes! We love to see characters from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences – it’s all part of the international flavour of our books!
Harlequin Presents is…
- The home of the alpha male.
- A whirlwind of intensely emotional highs and lows.
- International settings from your every fantasy!
We’re actively seeking to acquire romance authors from underrepresented backgrounds – if you feel that’s you, and you’re ready to immerse yourself in the world of billionaires, glamour and sensuality, we’d love to hear from you!
Did You Know?
- There are 8 new Harlequin Presents books available each month.
- It has been scientifically proven that romance readers have more sex!
Fun Facts about the Presents editorial team:
Flo: as an identical twin, Flo has a major weakness for twin characters…especially if they’re gorgeous heroes!
Sareeta: Also a published author of a romantic novel and some sexy stories, Sareeta loves nothing more than a gorgeous hero inspired by a real-life heartthrob…!
Laurie: At the age of 12, Laurie covertly pilfered her first Harlequin from her grandmother’s vast collection. She was instantly hooked and still has that original book. She’s never told her gran though, so shh!
Hannah: From the moment her Grandma handed her a VHS of Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth version, of course!), Hannah fell in love with love. She’s still hoping Mr Darcy might appear one day…
Read what we're publishing.
Senior Editor: Flo Nicoll
Editor: Sareeta Domingo
Associate Editor: Laurie Johnson
Editorial Assistant: Hannah Rossiter
Editorial Office: London, UK
N.B. Please note that as per current editorial policy we ask that you do not submit more than one manuscript at a time for our consideration. Please be patient and wait for feedback before submitting your next project.