Harlequin Kimani Romance offers sexy, dramatic, sophisticated and entertaining love stories. It is the first and only series category romance line that features African American characters exclusively. Our memorable characters work through compelling emotional conflicts on their way to committed and satisfying relationships, loving unions that last a lifetime.
Harlequin Kimani Romance Key Elements:
- Sexy, dramatic, sophisticated and captivating love stories
- Memorable characters who work through emotional conflicts on their way to committed relationships
- Hip, stylish, poignant, contemporary plotlines as well as classic ones
- Relatable heroines that are strong and independent or vulnerable and searching
- Wealthy, compelling , ambitious and driven heroes that are memorable
- Level of sensuality ranging from moderately sensual to super sexy
- The core focus should be on the developing romantic relationship between the heroine and hero
- Stories primarily set in North America
- Word count between 50,000 and 60,000 words
For explanations and tips about conflict, dialogue and emotion, please click on How to Write the Perfect Romance
Harlequin Kimani Romance is…
Jumping the Broom or Love Jones or Something New for entertaining stories, engaging characters, and a focus on building a positive and lasting romantic relationship despite challenges.
Did You Know?
- Harlequin Kimani Romance is currently looking for new authors
- Harlequin Kimani Romance acquired five new authors in 2013
- There are 4 new Harlequin Kimani Romance books available each month.
Read what we're publishing.
Please send a detailed synopsis and three sample chapters for the initial review.
Editor: Shannon Criss
Editorial Assistant: Keyla Hernandez