Contemporary inspirational romances that feature Christian characters facing the many challenges of life and love in today's world.
Love Inspired Key Elements
Contemporary inspirational romance novel
- Strong contemporary romances with a Christian worldview and wholesome values.
- Relationships that emphasize emotional intimacy rather than sexual desire.
- Each story should focus on an emotional and satisfying romance, with a sustained conflict.
- Mandatory faith element that is integral to story and shows rather than tells, avoiding didactic, preachy tone or doctrinal language.
- Family and community are strong features of this line
- Stories can be set in small town USA or close knit communities in urban settings.
- Hero and heroine should meet early in book, preferably by end of chapter one.
- No drugs or alcohol consumption, gambling, or profanity by Christian characters.
- No graphic violence or pre-marital sex within the course of the story.
- Word count of 55,000 to 60,000 words
Featured in Love Inspired
Relatable heroines in everyday life finding love in the arms of a strong, honorable man. Love Inspired heroes should be strong and smart, with a core of tenderness, and the heroines should be their equals.
Love Inspired is…
Touched by an Angel or Seventh Heaven or Gilmore Girls or Hallmark movies, for their solid stories and characters, sense of family and community, with tender romance and a level of faith at its core.
Did You Know?
- Western settings and cowboy/rancher heroes continue to be very popular with our readers.
- Amish romances are still very appealing to Love Inspired readers. We are seeking new authors and stories set in Amish communities across the US.
- Love Inspired has a strong social media presence. Visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LoveInspiredBooks or follow us on Twitter at @LoveInspiredBks.
- Follow the Love Inspired editors on Twitter--@TinaCJames, @MelissaEndlich, @EmilyRodmell, @Shana_Asaro and @DinaJDavis.
- There are 6 new Love Inspired books available each month.
Read what we're publishing.
Senior Editor: Melissa Endlich
Editor: Shana Asaro
Assistant Editor: Dina Davis
Editorial Office: NY, NY