Contemporary inspirational romances that feature Christian characters facing the many challenges of life and love in today's world.Love Inspired Key Elements
Contemporary inspirational romance novel
- Strong contemporary romances with a Christian worldview and wholesome values.
- Relationships that emphasize emotional intimacy rather than sexual desire.
- Each story should focus on an emotional and satisfying romance, with a sustained conflict.
- Mandatory faith element that is integral to story and shows rather than tells, avoiding didactic, preachy tone or doctrinal language.
- Family and community are strong features of this line
- Stories can be set in small town USA or close knit communities in urban settings.
- Hero and heroine should meet early in book, preferably by end of chapter one.
- No drugs or alcohol consumption, gambling, or profanity by Christian characters.
- No graphic violence or pre-marital sex within the course of the story.
Featured in Love Inspired
- Word count of 55,000 to 60,000 words
Relatable heroines in everyday life finding love in the arms of a strong, honorable man. Love Inspired heroes should be strong and smart, with a core of tenderness, and the heroines should be their equals.Love Inspired is…Touched by an Angel
or Seventh Heaven
or Gilmore Girls
or Hallmark movies, for their solid stories and characters, sense of family and community, with tender romance and a level of faith at its core.Did You Know?
far, in 2014, Love Inspired editors have bought 3 new authors!
settings and cowboy/rancher heroes continue to be very popular with our
romances are still very appealing to Love Inspired readers. We are seeking
new authors and stories set in Amish communities across the US.
Read what we're publishing.
are 6 new Love Inspired books available each month.
: Melissa EndlichAssociate Editor
: Shana AsaroAssistant Editor
: Giselle RegusEditorial Office
: NY, NY