Edge-of-the-seat, contemporary romantic suspense tales of intrigue and romance featuring Christian characters facing challenges to their faith…and to their lives.
Love Inspired Suspense Key Elements
Contemporary inspirational romantic suspense novel
- Riveting romantic suspense stories with a Christian worldview and wholesome values
- Stories focused equally on gripping suspense and strong compelling romance
- Heroes and heroines who work together to solve the mystery or overcome the shared danger
- Relationships that emphasize emotional intimacy rather than sexual desire
- Stories can
be set in small town North America or close knit communities in urban
- Mandatory faith element that is integral to story and shows rather than tells, avoiding didactic, preachy tone or doctrinal language
- Hero and heroine should meet early in book, preferably by end of chapter one. And the suspense element should be introduced in chapter one
- No drug or alcohol consumption, gambling, profanity or pre-marital sex by Christian characters within the course of the story. No graphic violence
- Stories should contain both hero and heroine
Point of View only. No secondary character POV
- Word count of 55,000 to 60,000 words
For explanations and tips about conflict, dialogue and emotion please click on: Frequently Asked Editorial Questions
.Featured in Love Inspired Suspense
Heroic, courageous, relatable characters faced with dangerous situations who'll triumph and find love. The hero is a man bound by loyalty and love. He is a fierce protector. The heroine is no damsel in distress. She is an equal partner.Love Inspired Suspense is…
for their solid suspense stories and their romantic tension between the characters. Did You Know?
- Popular themes in LIS include protector heroes,
women in jeopardy, military, law enforcement, cowboys, small town secrets, and
Read what we're publishing.
- There are 6
new Love Inspired Suspense books available each month.
: Tina JamesEditor
: Emily RodmellAssistant Editor
: Dina DavisEditorial Office
: NY, NY